Pineapple and Coconut Slice
Welcome to another yummy recipe highlight. This week the highlight of the dish is fresh pineapple, in the Pineapple Coconut Slice with Lemon Glaze. Yum yum yum. The sweet smell of coconut cooking wafts from the oven whilst your slice is baking.
What’s really nice about this slice is the use of fresh pineapple and the rest of the ingredients are staples in a pantry.
- 185 grams butter, softened
- 165 grams castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams desiccated coconut
- 260 grams SR flour
- 270 mls coconut cream
- 440 grams of fresh pineapple, well drained and blended to a pulp so it will mix into the mixture.
Lemon glaze icing
- 240 grams icing sugar
- 20 grams butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (can substitute with lime or pineapple juice)
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Line a 22 cm x 32 cm baking tray with baking paper (hint: to help the paper mould to the tray wet it and shake residue water off)
- Place fresh pineapple in a blender and blend quickly. You don’t want it to turn to juice. Put aside until later in the recipe.
- Beat butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add the one egg at a time whilst blending.
- Add coconut, SR flour, coconut cream, and pineapple.
- Beat for 10 seconds until mixed. Scrap down sides of the bowl and mix in.
- Pour dough into prepared baking tray.
- Bake till top is golden and cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then remove baking paper.
- To make the glaze icing place icing sugar, butter, and lemon juice in blender to mix well.
- Once the slice has cooled to room temperature spread glaze over slice. Sprinkle shredded coconut over glaze whilst soft.
- Allow to set before placing in cake container.
Great slice for the kids lunch box or just to take an afternoon break and enjoy with a cup of tea.
Did you appreciate that? Why not get our recipes delivered to your inbox? Join TREN today! Click on this banner to get started!
Other favourite recipes
How to stay up-to-date
Do you have an opinion or have a favourite recipe you wish to share? The TREN community wants to hear your story.
Submit your news here.
Become a subscriber to TREN and eMagazine and be the first to receive local breaking stories, analysis and opinions on the Townsville real estate market.