Chocolate Caramel Crack
If you are looking for something easy to make to take to the office party or even to spoil the kids when they get home then look no further than Chocolate Caramel Crack. This 4 ingredient recipe will be leaving you wanting more. The only drawback is those that try it will be wanting you to make it all the time. The following recipe is for Thermomix TM31 however as you will see it is very easy to convert this if you aren’t the owner of a Thermomix. Give it a crack!
- 200 grams chocolate (Cadbury milk melts)
- 225 grams butter
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1 package Salada biscuits
- Preheat oven to 200-220 degrees celcius.
- Make sure the chocolate milk melts are cold. Blitz in Thermomix 5-10 seconds speed 8.
- Set chocolate aside and ensure the bowl is clean.
- Add butter and brown sugar to TM bowl, cook for 12 mins, varoma temperature, speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides then cook for a further 3 mins, varoma temp, soft speed.
- Line a baking tray with foil, and line with 1 layer of salada crackers. Don’t worry if some overlap a little.
- Pour the finished toffee all over the tray of salada crackers, making sure the toffee covers the salada crackers all the way to the edges.
- Place tray in the oven and let the toffee bubble, when toffee is a nice golden colour and bubbles all over. This should take 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let the toffee bubbles settle and immediately sprinkle the chocolate all over the toffee. Spread as it melts to make it smooth.
- Place tray in fridge for a few hours to set.
- Once set remove the alfoil and break into pieces.
- Best stored in the fridge until eaten.
- Once the chocolate has melted over the toffee biscuits sprinkle desiccated coconut, or walnuts, or popping candy.
- Instead of milk chocolate use white chocolate. Or use both chocolates separately and marble the chocolate topping.
Recipe Source: Thermomix Recipe Community
Let’s get cracking!
Other favourite recipes
How to stay up-to-date
Do you have an opinion or have a favourite recipe you wish to share? The TREN community wants to hear your story.
Submit your news here.
Become a subscriber to TREN and eMagazine and be the first to receive local breaking stories, analysis and opinions on the Townsville real estate market.