My favourite Strawberry Jam recipe
If you like strawberry jam you will love this recipe. One Punnet speedy strawberry jam. This is the season for strawberries.
You can get some good prices for strawberries at the moment so why not make your own jam rather than buy one that is full of sugar and preservatives.
When you see how easy this one is you will want to make it all year round and so will the family.
This recipe is for the thermomix TM31 so if you don’t have one of these I am afraid you will have to work out the timings and hand stir the mixture until the desired consistency.
1 Punnet Speedy Strawberry Jam
- 1 x 250g punnet fresh strawberries
- 1 granny smith apple, quartered and core removed
- 120g jam setting sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- Remove strawberry stems/leaves and core and quarter the green apple.
- Add all ingredients to thermomix bowl
- Cook for 18 min, Varoma temperature, speed 1. Ensure measuring cup is removed and place simmering basket on top to stop any splatter.
- Check consistency of the jam and if you would like it thicker cook for another 2 mins same heat and speed. To check thickness or if set place a small sample on a cold dish as seen in the picture.
- Once desired consistency achieved blend for around 30 seconds, speed 4 with measuring cup in place. This will make a smoother consistency.
- Store in well sterilised glass jar in the fridge.
- Serve on a piece of toast with a dollop of cream
- Great to use when making a jam roll cake
Recipe Source: Thermomix Recipe Community by Leanne Sloss
Other favourite recipes
How to stay up-to-date
Do you have an opinion or have a favourite recipe you wish to share? The TREN community wants to hear your story.
Submit your news here.
Become a subscriber to TREN and eMagazine and be the first to receive local breaking stories, analysis and opinions on the Townsville real estate market.