Going Banana with Chocolate Pudding
This week I was tossing up what to cook for a dessert. I was going through my recipe collection….you know the ones you cut out of magazines or print from Facebook posts because you like the look of them.
Well, I have plenty of these that I am yet to test out. Here is one I have tested – Banana Bread Pudding.
It is a slight variation to the good ole’ Bread and Butter Pudding. I love how it doesn’t take much time to prepare and the ingredients you are likely to have in the cupboard or fridge.
This one is a good recipe on cold winters nights and an added bonus is it still tastes great even though there is no sugar in it.
Banana Bread and Chocolate Pudding
- 6-7 slices of bread (whatever is about to go stale)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cut bread into small cubes.
- Place on baking paper and bake at 175 degrees for 5 min to help dry the bread out.
- In a large mixing bowl, mush the ripe bananas.
- Beat the 3 eggs and add to mixing bowl along with milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir all together.
- Add dried bread to mixture, making sure to cover all pieces in the banana mix. Leave to soak for 5 – 10 min.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture.
- Stir together and spoon mixture into a large muffin tin.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 20 min.
- Once brown on top remove from oven and let cool a little.
When serving add your favourite ice cream or dollop of thickened cream.
Other favourite recipes
How to stay up-to-date
Do you have an opinion or have a favourite recipe you wish to share? The TREN community wants to hear your story.
Submit your news here.
Become a subscriber to TREN and eMagazine and be the first to receive local breaking stories, analysis and opinions on the Townsville real estate market.